I love cars. I especially love the ones from the era when I grew up, primarily the 1980s and 1990s. I tend to appreciate “ugly” cars and oddities more than most folks. At the car meets when everyone is fawning over Mustangs and Corvettes, I’m the guy in the corner admiring the wood paneled station wagon or bug-eyed sprite. I also really like boring cars, because they don’t get saved and cared for like muscle or sports cars and therefore become harder to find. A Camaro doesn’t turn my head, but a Chevette will every time.
When it comes to working on cars, I have no training at all. I’m not the most mechanically-inclined person, but I am persistent and I like figuring things out. I probably don’t have any business working on vehicles, but it’s fun and I like it. If you want to give me any pointers or suggestions, please send me a message.
Here are some vehicles I have owned in the past:
- 2006 Buick Allure GX – “Mildcat”
- 2005 Mazda 3 Hatch
- 2003 Chevrolet Venture – “The Elephant”
- 2003 Chevrolet Impala
- 2001 Ford Focus Wagon* – “Gold Brick”
- 2001 Ford Windstar
- 2000 Mazda B4000 4×4 – “Harvie the Wonder Truck”
- 1994 Ford Escort LX – “The Blue Stingray”
- 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon
- 1988 Ford Econoline Van
- 1987 Plymouth Reliant K* – “Black Sun”
- 1986 Nissan Micra* – “The Micra Machine”
*These cars were technically owned by my parents